Almond Tea Cookies
Prep time: 0015 Cook Time: 0012 Yield: 3 dozen
Visit PowerOfFamilyMeals.com to get more recipes, tools, and advice.
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 2/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Beat shortening, milk and almond extract at medium speed until well blended. Beat in granulated sugar.
- COMBINE flour, almonds and salt in medium bowl. Mix into shortening mixture. Shape dough into balls using one level measuring tablespoon for each. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes (cookies will not brown). Remove to cooling rack. Roll slightly warm cookies in powdered sugar. Let cool completely. Roll cooled cookies again in powdered sugar.